It is important that people know that if a loved one should live long enough to go to the home (or any where they may receive help with their medications) Be sure to follow-up once they check in and even a week later as well as periodically. Sometimes directions with medications are misconstrued.
My mother once decided to try assisted living. She started to pass out quite regularly in the mornings. I would receive calls at work that my mother was on her way to the Emergency Room. One morning when I rushed to the assisted living center, the young nurse said that she thought my mother was having seizures. I told her that she is 82 and has never had a seizure prior to entering their establishment.
My mother did not feel well during her months in the home and decided she had had enough. For many reasons this place was not all it was cracked-up (to be). When I went to retrieve her plethera of medications. I found that instead of giving her blood pressure pills in divided doses as prescribed by the Dr., the nurses were giving her all of her many, many BP medications all at once each morning causing her to pass out on a regular basis.
Rx -- make sure that you follow things up carefully where ever you go... this is not the first time that she has survived such mis-haps with meds.
Monday, May 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment